3.15.2012

Surreal Self-Portrait

This is my first Photoshop project in Computer Illustration 1. We had to develop an image that illustrates a dream and had to contain a figurative self-portrait within the composition.

I decided to make myself into a weird creature. After doing some thumbnails and research I decided on a more alien face and was inspired by the work of Dave Rapoza.

My process started with thumbnails, to a line drawing, then after scanning my line work I did a couple value and color comps. I also did some quick painting studies of my face and then went onto a grayscale painting. The last bit was done with color overlays and some opaque painting.

So far I'm happy with the ways its turning out but I would consider it a work in progress. I want to do more detailing in the grayscale and then paint it again with overlays and and more attention to warm and cool variation.







1 comment: